The Office Manager is a critical member of the team who ensures a seamless workflow in a busy and growing firm. The Office Manager must be creative and enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results driven and community oriented. The ideal individual is comfortable wearing many hats and must be flexible, adaptable and can exercise good judgement. Reporting to the Executive Assistant, this person serves as a key member of the administrative team which ensures smooth daily office operations and reception of outside guests that reflects our firm’s commitment to hospitality and client service.
We are committed to building our firm’s cultural diversity to address the complex issues facing our communities and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
About Hirsch & Associates
Founded in 1999 by Susan Hirsch, Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors works with individuals, families, foundations, and corporations to maximize the impact of their philanthropy.
Hirsch & Associates supports our clients at all stages of their philanthropy, whether they are just beginning to consider a strategy for their giving, in need of a management solution for their foundation, or ready to create a signature philanthropic initiative. We help our clients identify and carry out their goals, from conceptualization and start-up to ongoing management and succession planning.
For more information, please visit our website: www.hirschassoc.com.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Answer and route phone calls with the utmost professionalism
- Welcome and direct guests and outside visitors
- Maintain office appearance to high standard of cleanliness and professionalism
- Facilitate booking and use of conference and meeting spaces, both internal and external
- Light calendar duties to support senior staff and provide back up support to the Administrative Assistant and Executive Assistant
- Manage the ordering of office and kitchen supplies; ensuring needed supplies are always stocked while adhering to a budget
- Troubleshooting of technical problems, and other discrete office related tasks as needed
- Manage relationships with all vendors and perform periodic review of vendor relationships
- Coordinate office functions including team lunches, outings, retreats and holiday parties
- Manage various office related budgets including supplies, meals, technology, rent & facilities
- Handle any facilities issues related to maintenance and repairs, both planned and unplanned
- Assist administrative, operations and finance teams with special projects as needed
- Light accounting duties including payment processing, deposits, and credit card reconciliation
- Provide support to client teams for docket assembly, catering and special events as needed
- Create and improve office processes and protocols to ensure office runs smoothly and effectively
- Provide proactive office administration anticipating the current and future needs of the office
- Genuine passion for providing outstanding hospitality and service
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional task and time management
- Comfortable working under pressure at times and accommodating last minute changes and deadlines
- Strong listening skills, interpersonal skills, relationship management
- Skilled management of priorities, information and projects
- Resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and self-manager
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years administrative experience
Salary & Benefits
- $45,000 to $55,000 annually; commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits; paid time off; employer 401k contribution after three months of employment.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience
Application deadline is March 20, 2020. Please do not call Hirsch & Associates. Applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
Hirsch & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We respect, honor, and celebrate the unique talents and perspectives that each member of our team contributes to our work.