About Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors
In 1999, Susan Hirsch founded Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors – with the mentorship of legendary philanthropist and community collaborator Warren Hellman—to help philanthropists solve the great challenges of our time. Today we direct more than $100M annually on behalf of our clients.
Hirsch & Associates is more than a philanthropic advisory firm. We are strategic changemakers who have led innovative organizations, community initiatives and advocacy campaigns. Our model for connecting the private, public and nonprofit sectors to create social change distinguishes Hirsch & Associates as a leader in the philanthropic advising field. We are a team of cross-sector experts, bringing deep knowledge of how to create and scale change with measurable results. We partner with community and non-profit leaders, established foundations and philanthropists, and the private sector to realize our clients’ ambitious goals.
Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors seeks to hire a Program Associate to join our growing team.
The Program Associate plays a key role in our work on behalf of philanthropic clients, providing wide-ranging research, development of written client materials, and stewardship and administration of grants. This position presents an exciting opportunity for a candidate with work experience in the private, non-profit or business sector who is interested in the field of philanthropy and consulting, with the potential for growth and advancement.
- Steward grants and grant portfolios throughout the grant cycle, including reviewing grant proposals and reports, finalizing grant agreements, and managing relationships with grantees and other key stakeholders
- Manage projects and timelines for grant stewardship, client related activities and the preparation of meeting materials
- Research and analyze a wide range of issue areas and organizations; synthesize and share findings and recommendations with colleagues and clients
- Work closely with multiple client teams to implement philanthropic strategies and projects
- Develop clear and compelling materials for client and business development purposes, including correspondence, presentations, reports and summaries
- Actively participate as a key member of a collaborative team committed to positive culture, continuous improvement and community impact
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years work experience in non-profit, philanthropy or business
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relationship builder who is adept at working with a diversity of partners
- Excellent skills in writing, listening and oral communication
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Maintains high standard of quality, efficiency and attention to detail
- Critical thinker and quick learner
- Collegial and collaborative team player
- Deep interest in the field of philanthropy
- Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to our recruiter, Lisa Long, at email@example.com with “Program Associate Position” in the subject line.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview. Please do not call the Hirsch & Associates office.
Hirsch & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We respect, honor, and celebrate the unique talents, perspectives and differences that make up each individual.