Hirsch & Associates seeks to hire a Senior HR professional to create a first-class human resources (HR) capacity for our fast growing and innovative firm. This is a new, part-time position which we anticipate will take approximately 20 hours per week over an 18-24 month timeframe.
At Hirsch & Associates, our people are our greatest asset and, by building an HR department and managing all aspects of human resources, this role will be a key contributor to our mission of serving philanthropic clients at the highest level of excellence to expand the social impact of philanthropic investments in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S.
Because we are in the ‘people business’ a successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all of the strategic decisions relating to the business.
- Implementing an ongoing and efficient recruiting capability to attract high quality candidates with diverse and stellar backgrounds;
- Developing an effective approach to client/project staffing;
- Aligning the recruiting/hiring/onboarding experiences for new hires;
- Ensuring that learning is a key component of the entire team’s experience, by building important skills (e.g., business development and people/project management) for all employees;
- Designing and implementing a new performance management system; and,
- Undertaking a review of all existing policies and procedures to ensure that we are developing and retaining employees at the highest level.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have had a career steeped in management of all aspects of human resources;
- Be prepared to build systems, policies and approaches; and,
- Possess and display excellent management, communication and leadership skills to develop and sustain a best-in-class human resources function for the firm.
Finally, this role will work with a highly collaborative team that is deeply committed to excellence in philanthropy. Hirsch & Associates deeply values our employees as whole people and encourages them to learn, innovate, and grow. We are committed to building our firm’s cultural diversity to address the complex issues facing our communities. Maintaining this culture and commitment to diversity will be a priority for the position.
About Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors
In 1999, Susan Hirsch founded Hirsch & Associates Philanthropic Advisors – with the mentorship of legendary philanthropist and community collaborator Warren Hellman—to help philanthropists solve the great challenges of our time. Today we direct more than $100M annually on behalf of our clients.
Hirsch & Associates is more than a philanthropic advisory firm. We are strategic changemakers who have led innovative organizations, community initiatives and advocacy campaigns. Our model for connecting the private, public and nonprofit sectors to create social change distinguishes Hirsch & Associates as a leader in the philanthropic advising field.
We are a team of cross-sector experts, bringing deep knowledge of how to create and scale change with measurable results. We partner with community and non-profit leaders, established foundations and philanthropists, and the private sector to realize our clients’ ambitious goals.
Please see our website for more details: www.hirschassoc.com
Position’s Core Responsibilities
Recruitment: Lead efforts to recruit and hire excellent employees for our unique and growing firm; responsibilities include–
- Developing policies and procedures that ensure the most qualified candidates are hired.
- Guide the hiring process, including developing job postings, managing application review, developing appropriate assessment tools in consultation with other relevant staff and managing communications with candidates in pool.
- Ensuring a comprehensive onboarding process for all employees consistent with best practices.
Compensation: Create compensation plans, conduct a full review of employee benefits, make recommendations and implement any restructuring of benefits package being offered to ensure Hirsch & Associates is providing a cost-effective and comprehensive benefits program that supports recruitment and retention of high-performing staff.
Performance Management: Develop and implement a best-in-class performance review process that uses data to create a virtuous cycle for performance improvement; consult with supervisors and managers to address any employee performance issues.
Policies: Develop and implement essential HR policies and programs in the best interest of the firm and its employees, updated to reflect best practices and compliance requirements.
Training and Professional Development: Develop an approach to integrating trainings and professional development as part of employee experience; lead the process of identifying and implementing high quality employee training programs.
Culture: Enhance an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, learning, team-work and high performance.
Basic Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years work experience in human resources, with strong preference for relevant experience within a professional services firm
- Strategic thinker who is excited by learning new things and adept at problem-solving
- Systems builder
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to bring professionalism, sensitivity, great judgment and discretion to all engagements
- Collegial and collaborative team member
- Able to work with humor and grace under pressure
- Interest in social impact focus of the firm’s work is a plus
Interested parties should contact our recruiter Caroline Fitz-Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit a cover letter and resume.
Hirsch & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We respect, honor, and celebrate the unique talents and perspectives that each member of our team contributes to our work.